My skillset is focused on covering the full stack involved in setting up and deploying a website or web-based application, that being:
- Instantiating and setting up a server with the software required for the project (e.g. Apache or Ngnix, PHP or NodeJS, MySQL or MongoDB, Git, etc).
- Defining database schema and content.
- Developing any task automation required for the project e.g. SASS or TypeScript compilation, dependency installation, image minification, template building, etc.
- Producing all server-side and client-side code for the project in various possible combinations.
- Maintenance and presentation of documentation relevant to the language (e.g. PHPDoc and its web-based documentation generation tool).
- Defining and preparing a deployment solution (typically with Git) alongside a post-deployment build solution.
My introduction to programming was through ActionScript 3 and as a result I am the top ActionScript 3 user on Stack Overflow.
This is a rough breakdown of my skills relative to each other in proficiency:
- ActionScript 3
- Craft CMS
I prefer working on bespoke builds and dislike working with older PHP solutions like WordPress and Drupal.